Monday, November 7, 2011

Iron-y!

All the years that I have spent on this earth, and they are few, I have come to believe that the world is run on irony. The more the idea bounces around in my head the more sure of it I am. No, I do not mean verbal irony for all you English nerds out there who are probably smugly stating to their computer screens, as they correct my grammar of course, that there are three types of irony. No, I am sure that the world runs on situational irony and, only if there is a God, which I am highly suspect, dramatic irony.

I'll wait a few moments for the non-English nerds to figure out what the the hell I am talking about.....Okay.

Situational irony is when the result of an action is contrary to the desired or expected effect. For example, the fact that the song Ironic by Alanis Morrisette is not in itself ironic, but merely misfortunate creates irony. Add the fact that this was probably obtained accidentally (the irony that a song about irony isn't ironic) and that just adds more fuel to the fire. That song probably genertaed enough power the idea of jumbo shrimp.

Now, take a moment to think about the events in your life, and in no time you will start to believe in my theory.

Dramatic irony is when words and actions possess a significance that the listener or audience understands, but the speaker or character does not. So if there is a God, which again I am highly suspect, he is watching and mostly likely laughing his ass off. Which in a way seems cruel, and usually I am one for cruel things, to a point, if they are funny, but even I am not that heartless. Would that make God akin to the Joker? That would kind of explain a lot, and does pose some intertesting thoughts. Hmph. Taking the idea further, would that then make Jesus Harley Quin? Sorry to bash some religious views but it is an intresting thought and it does seem to make a eerie sense to me.

God as the Joker.  Purely in things for the amusement of himself. There is no plan, no greater idea then the direct problems before him and how to make them oh so fun. Thus, in turn, creates chaos in which he takes a special delight in because the end goal is really to teach that there really are no rules, no real consequeces, for our actions in the end. We all can do whatever we what and this is really nothing more than the Land Of Do As You Please. We just have to open our eyes to see it. See "Mister G"

And that is where Jesus comes in. Taking all the abuse that Mister G throws his way for the sake of being near him and his "love". And it makes sense that "Mister G" laid down some rules. How else would people learn to break them? Dear dear Jesus just does his best to do whatever he is told to by God not really understanding much of the "plan" himself.

 I am, obviously, quite the comic book nerd.

This is the part where my fiance would point out, to break the mood and try desperatly to get back on topic, that the world runs on iron (as in the center of the earth) and that is it in fact "iron-y". Please feel free to roll your eyes at that. I usually do, but hey, I love him for it.

Whatever the case may be, the "energy" that makes things "happen" has to come from somewhere so why not something that seems to amazing abudent. Why else would everything have to end so painfully ironic? Which, by the way, if energy is not either created or destroyed is the exception to that God?

Well its late and I do have work tomorrow. Sadly I am not paid to think up humorous things all day, though I do that too.

Ave atque vale.

No comments:

Post a Comment